Monday 28 April 2014

Seeing My Own Body And Converting A Lucid Dream Into An OBE?

Monday 14th April 2014
Time: Not sure - 5 - 6.30am/7am
Where: In bed
Weather: Clear
Techniques used: Moving energy up and down the body. "Now I am out of body" affirmation from Adventures Beyond the Body by William Buhlman.
Goal: To see my physical body

I had been reading William Buhlmans book the previous day, and I think it really inspired me so I had did some energy work and affirmations before falling asleep that night. I woke at some point in the early hours of the morning and began repeating "now I am out of body" to myself as I went back to sleep - or perhaps I projected straight away; I'm not sure. I'm a bit confused because I had a lot of vivid dreams that night - I may have been lucid or semi lucid for part of them - I've got a feeling I was. I do remember one part clearly where I saw a bottle of beautiful sparkling liquid which had a label on it that read 'Astral 2' - the name of an MP3 I had downloaded the day before. I think my subconscious was trying to tell me something!
This felt like a very long experience, but I don't know how long it lasted for in waking reality. I felt fairly lucid most of the time - I could think clearly, make decisions and remember things.

I think I drifted off and woke up momentarily - I felt 'different' and sat up and realised that I was sitting up out of my body - I couldn't see anything, but I felt that I had drifted over to more my husbands side of the bed. I tell myself not to be constrained by what I should or shouldn't be able to do and just decided to be off the bed by the door. As I stepped away from the bed my vision came. There was bright sunlight in the room (more than there would have been in waking reality) and everything looked hyper real - if a little out of focus. I was stood in the doorway looking towards the landing and I decided to muster my control and try looking at my physical body (I'd never managed this before). I turned towards the bed and saw a body shaped lump under what looked like a midnight blue throw (my sheets are dark purple) - it became a little clearer and what looked like my head moved about on the pillow, but I seemed to be wearing a black hood (??). I remember seeing a flash of purple - which in hindsight must have been my hair (I'm very attached to my purple streak). I wasn't aware of my husband being in bed next to me - but to be fair I wasn't looking for him - my intention was to see myself. At this point my perspective changed and I felt that I had returned to my body. I woke up and thought my projection had ended but something felt 'off'. The thought popped into my head that it might be a false awakening (where you think you've woken up in 'reality' but you haven't) and tried pinching my nose and breathing through it (a reality test) - I could still breathe through my nose and realised that I was still out of my body.
I was in a bed that wasn't mine in the middle of a big open plan room with wooden floors with old looking wooden tables and items around the room and a doorway off some way to the bottom right of the bed. I got up and walked over to a mezzanine area across the room to the left of the bed. I thought I'd give it a shot so I said "I'm conscious I am dreaming and I want to have an out of body experience" (even though I was scared of the vibrations and losing control that I had experienced before). Light flickered on the walls of the mezzanine like a TV screen or a portal opening. I could see images of Tinkerbell (what the heck??) moving on these patches of light. This didn't seem right to me (unsurprisingly) - maybe I was still scared and stopping myself - maybe Tinkerbell was telling me to stop being a wussy little fairy ;) I moved my focus away from the screens/portals and 'girded my loins'. I said firmly "I am conscious I am dreaming and I want to have an out of body experience". The vibrations started strongly and I started travelling upwards quickly - I started to lose my nerve; I felt so out of control - but I knew I'd never forgive myself if I didn't - so I held on.
After a few seconds (it seemed) it stopped and I came to rest on a big field with a view of rolling hills - it reminded me of the view from my parents house. There was a big glass building - a house - with lots of people inside and outside. Everything already looked very clear, so I don't know why I bothered, but I said "clarity now" to increase my lucidity. I said it again and I noticed a very slight difference in the sharpness of my vision (duh!).
At this point I reflected that my mind felt exactly as it did in waking life (yes, I'm that dumb in waking reality too) - I felt completely clear and able to think. I went into the house (everything gets a bit less lucid here) and there were a group of people around a large table - I think I was telling them what I was doing and why I was there. I was talking to a lady on my right with dark hair in particular and I gave her a large crystal that had ferns inside it (out of a bag that I suddenly seemed to have acquired!). She took it gratefully and seemed amazed and intrigued by it. I had a moment of meanness as it was beautiful (I love crystals) and offered her the choice of another one (idiot! - an obvious loss of lucidity here!). I soon got over it and let it go generously.
I suddenly realised I had been out of my body for a long time (more lucid now) and that there was a good chance I would forget this. I said I had to go and started to think about going back to my body. I had an idea of writing it down on a notepad that was on the table to remind me - but realised that was spectacularly stupid. I started trying to put things away in my bag (loss of lucidity again) and I lost awareness here - I may have returned to my body or it turned into a normal dream. I don't remember waking up until later (about 7am).

Notes: It seems clear that my subconscious had a pretty strong effect on some of the stuff I experienced - Tinkerbell for example. What does the black hood on my head mean?
P.S. I remembered later that I had also asked the group around the table if the building or site had anything to do with the village I live and work in because it felt very familiar to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment