Saturday 26 April 2014

Turning a Lucid Dream into an Out of Body Experience?

Wednesday 9th April 2014
Where: In bed
Time: Not sure - early hours of the morning
Weather: Clear night
Techniques used: Mirror technique - looking into a mirror in a different room before bed and asking your subconscious to help you leave your body with awareness during the night and to remember everything. Sphere doorway technique - visualizing a blue sphere in front of you and moving it around your body before bringing it back in front of you and seeing the surface of the sphere becoming a doorway and allowing the energy from it to come through (both techniques are from Navigating the Out of Body Experience by Graham Nicholls - check it out for more info!). Feeling myself floating up and down and side to side. Asking to have an out of body experience after becoming lucid in a dream.

I realised I was dreaming - I'm not sure exactly when, but I think it was a little time before I really remember what happened (how can we improve our memory of out of body experiences??). My lucidity fluctuated during this experience. I was walking around a big building - like a college (a common theme in my dreams), I think that before I became fully lucid I was naked (eeek!) apart from a oversized shirt tied around my waist. I felt self conscious (unsurprisingly) until my awareness increased and I realised I didn't have to walk around like that - I could change things - so, I untied the shirt and put it on. There were quite a few other people walking around; it was quite busy - no wonder I felt self conscious :)
Then I remember being with someone - a man - but I don't know who it was. I became more lucid and aware as we walked into a cafeteria - there were only pizzas and baguettes available and I was worried about my low carb and dairy free diet (darn it - even in a dream!). I became more fully lucid and remembered that there had been someone out along the corridor in a vestibule type area that I had wanted to talk to, but I can't remember who. I asked the person I was with to excuse me for a minute and walked out of the cafe down the corridor to the vestibule. But, I couldn't see the person that I had wanted to talk to and walked back towards the cafeteria. While I was walking back to the cafe I felt myself drifting in terms of awareness - much as I would in waking life - and I managed to bring my attention back to where I was and what I was doing. I got back to the cafe and the other person I had been with had gone - although I looked for him.

I left the cafe and began walking down a stairwell and I remembered that if I found myself lucid in a dream that I should say "I am conscious I am dreaming and I wish to have an out of body experience" (also from Navigating the Out of Body Experience). I did and suddenly the dream dissolved around me. I started vibrating intensely; there was a loud buzzing sound and I started being drawn upwards at what felt like great speed. I started to panic and fight against it - and at that point I woke up.
I thought about writing it all down straightaway but fell asleep too quickly which means I may have forgotten some of the details (I'm not very disciplined am I!?).

Notes: When I wrote this down in my journal I put - "N.B Don't panic next time!" at the end :) What I think happened here is that the vibrations meant I was moving from a dream reality to a plane further away from the physical - if that makes sense? Whatever it was I was pretty cross with myself for a couple of days - I really wanted to see what would have happened next!

No comments:

Post a Comment