Wednesday 23 April 2014

First Continuous Conscious Projection

Wednesday 2nd April 2014
Where: In bed
Time: 6am
Weather: Cloudy
Techniques used: Loosening the energy body (astral body) by visualizing and 'feeling' myself moving side to side across the bedroom and up and down (ceiling to floor). I also used the rope climbing technique (where you imagine a rope hanging down in reach of your hands and feel yourself pulling yourself up and up). All of these techniques can be found in greater detail in Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce.

I felt my physical body go numb and had to catch myself mentally as I began to fall asleep - maybe I did for a moment. All of a sudden I sat up in bed and swung my legs down to the floor to get up. As soon as I sat up I knew I was out of my body (whoop whoop! There's a very distinct qualitative difference in the way you feel 'physically' when you're out of your body - more sensation of movement than physical muscles working). I felt as though my eyes were still shut and decided not to open them as I thought it might put me back in my body (I was still really close).
I could see shades of light and dark though and knew I was near my bedroom window, but I felt like I was moving through treacle. As I felt myself getting closer to the window I decided to open my eyes. It took some effort. As soon as I did I experienced a very brief sense of movement and found myself back in my body.

Notes: Although short and sweet this was a pretty cool experience for me. It was my first continuous conscious projection. This means that there wasn't any 'blackout' period between being in my physical body and being aware that I was out of body. The closest that I had gotten before is that one minute I was in my physical body in bed, then next thing I knew I was no longer physical and was standing next to my bed. On both occasions I had a problem with my sight and could only see shades of light and mist - this seems to be a common problem (especially when close to your body?). From what I've read the difficulty of movement could have been a result of being in close proximity to my physical body, or perhaps it just felt that way because I believe it to be true??


No comments:

Post a Comment