Wednesday 23 April 2014

Introduction

Ok, here goes.....

I've been fascinated with the idea that we can have out of body experiences since I was about 14 years old - never in a million years did I ever really expect to actually have one! I halfheartedly tried as a young teenager (I was doing it all wrong...), but it wasn't until I was 28/29 that I had an experience to call my very own. After a 2 year dry spell and life stuff to deal with I've decided to give it another go...... And this blog will document that.

I'm not an expert; I've had a few experiences and it seems to be getting easier. I'll share my stories, mistakes and successes (with spelling and grammar errors included, no doubt), maybe..... possibly...... they'll help someone else along the way.

Apart from a lifelong interest in 'life, the universe and everything' I'm pretty normal (don't laugh!).... I have two young children, am married to the most interesting man I've ever met and work as an Acupuncturist. Before that I was a jobbing Stage Manager (in that strange parallel reality called 'before children'). I guess my point is that if I can experience this then absolutely anyone with an interest can do so as well.

So I don't twist my brain into a knot I'm including classic out of body experiences and lucid dreaming in this blog - I'm not exactly sure of the difference; from what I understand its something of a grey area. In my opinion (so far) the concepts of astral projection and lucid dreaming describe different vibrational levels or clarity of awareness, but we'll get into that as we go along.

My biggest tip (if anyone's interested) would be to not just believe in anything anyone has written (including me) - experience it for yourself and draw your own conclusions. As Rufus says in the (awesome) movie Dogma "I think its better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier......."

When I was a little girl my Mum always used to say that I'd always been searching for something - I think I may have found it with this.

Laura x


No comments:

Post a Comment